Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Design, details and craft

Today I found this little video from Peter Belanger who has documented the process behind the design and creation of a cover of the magazine MacWorld. It is a fun and highly interesting video. It shows the high level of craft and detailing that goes into one cover and especially the photo. This is a reminder for all of us who have problems with doing things fast (and sloppy).

Take a look: http://www.peterbelanger.com/posts/36-cover-creation


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing video~ I totally didn't expect that there is so much craft and detailing involved in creating a good photo for a cover. It made me think how we should document our design process for portfolio-our 'cover'. Yes, I knew I should take pictures of everything I do, and I did...but not until I started actually making portfolio, didn't I realize how crappy the photos are, and how ugly they are on the screen...

Erik Stolterman Bergqvist said...

Hi Yujia

Thanks for your comment! That is what I thought this video really helped to make clear! Quality counts!!

Erik